Use buttons below to view more information about Flash e33LM.
The e33 has had a continuous evolution since inception, always keeping in our minds ease of use, excellent performance and elegant look. The latest e33LM is the wood/glass hybrid built for a discerning customer who wanted the performance of the original e33 but with the elegant look and feel of a wooden boat. With top engineering coupled with our top composite team, eSailing Yachts has entered a new generation of truly elegant performance boats that are just as accomplished on the race course as they are on a relaxing day sail.
Layout and Design
- All wood interior finish with complementary wood trim on the deck and around the enormous cockpit
- A self-tacking jib and removable lifelines
- A shoal draft of 4’9”to explore the inlets.
- Performance. The newest e33LM, FLASH, registered a first in class and first overall among the eighty spinnaker class boats at the 2014 Figawi Race from Hyannis to Nantucket. For her shakedown cruise, FLASH competed in a 25.6 mile race that included a 4 mile beat in 25 knots and 6 foot seas against the current, completing the race in 3.5 hours!
- The boat has the look of a yacht. Including polished stainless furler in lieu of the below deck furler. Rod rigging all around.
- Extra-ordinary construction with added detailing and features. Cabot Lyman conceived this hybrid construction.
- The solid glass bottom extends from the keel to the water line and includes the stem and transom. This lower hull portion is no-maintenance alleviating many people’s concerns about bilge rot in wooden boats.
- The topsides are strip planked in western red cedar, with a 6 oz fiberglass boat cloth set in clear coating epoxy for a spectacular bright finish. The exterior glass skin is 5/16” of structural glass laminated with epoxy and finished with the Awlgrip system.
- The interior bulkheads and cabinets are built with specially selected mahogany veneers and custom made mahogany trim and moldings.
- The interior joinery panels, moldings and contoured toe rail are produced by a precision CNC milling machine.
- A bulkhead was added for privacy dividing the head from the cabin
- The companionway hatch has been completely redesigned for smooth function an aesthetics.
- Stanchion bases are integrated into the toe rail for a clean look and clear deck space.
- Custom elements include, a mahogany pedestal for sink and faucet, hot and cold water, chart plotter locker with shelving, fusion stereo system, autopilot, cell phone booster, DC cooler, flush mounted bow lights, wooden tiller extension, wrap around eye brow.
In 2006 Jeremy Wurmfeld’s innovative design work caught the eye of sailmaker Robbie Doyle and the two went on to co-found e Sailing Yachts and design the award winning e33.
Drawing on their own sailing and racing experiences, Robbie and Jeremy were inspired to bring a new kind of sailing experience to market with boats that do not compromise performance and speed for comfort stability and ease of sail. With the launch of e33 hull #1 in September 2006, their vision became reality.
Start yours today! Call 207-354-6904 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
e33LM "Flash" -- Lyman-Morse lifts the hull from the plug
e33LM "Flash" -- Rolling the Hull
Fuel Capacity: 13 gal
Water Capacity: 17 gal
Designed By: Persak & Wurmfeld
Construction: wood/glass hybrid
Hull Material: western red cedar, 6 oz fiberglass
Boat Engine: Yanmar 2YM 15
Horsepower: 14 hp