Use buttons below to view more information about Magic.
Magic is one of the renowned Seguins 44s built by Lyman-Morse. She is still owned by the original client who had her built and they have been maintaining her at the Lyman-Morse service yard for it's entire life. Magic was fitted with a centerboard in the shoal draft keel, which which explands her cruising range beyond some of the more deep draft models. The hull is designed for speed and safety. Short handed sailing was a priority when laying out her rig and deck. Her interior is spacious with great sea keeping abilities and aesthetics are unmatched. Whether offshore for 10 days or hunkered down in a protected anchorage Magic is all function and the ultimate comfort.
Layout and Design
Magic is a beautiful and extremely functional custom cruising yacht. The hull is designed for speed and safety. Short handed sailing is not a problem aboard Magic. Her interior is spacious with great sea keeping abilities. Blue suede cushions and an elegant kerosene stove centered in the salon. Her aesthetics are unmatched, yet simple.
- L-shape galley with formica counters and teak fids
- Three burner gimballed Dickerson propane stove and oven.
- Large Seafrost refrigeration.
- Lots of storage.
- Raytheon ST-60 Multi and Tridata displays at Nav. station
- Raytheon ST7000 display
- Raymarine ST7002 auto pilot at helm and nav. station with remote
- Northstar Navigator loran
- Satelite phone
- ACR Global Fix EPIRB Exp. 11/2018
- Raytheon Ray210 VHF
- Ritchie Compass
- 12 volt system
- 3 Gel house batteries with a total capacity of 720 AH
- Heart interface link 2000-R
- Inverter panel
- Maxwell 1200 windlass
- 35lb.CQR on bow roller with 250' chain
- 37lb. Danforth HT on 18' chain with 250' nylon rode
- 12lb. Danforth
- Luke with chain and rode
- Bomar hatches
- Varnished dorade boxes with chrome cowels
- Teak deck over laminated double layered marine plywood
- Varnished cabin sides, coaming, companionway.
- 2014 Maine Sailing Partners Fully battened main. Light use
- 2014 Maine Sailing Partners 115% roller furling Genoa. Light use
- 1983 North Sails 95% roller furling Genoa. Excellent condition
- 1983 North Sails hank on Staysail. Excellent condition
- 1983 North Sails Storm Trysail and Storm Staysail. Never used
- 1985 North Sails Cruising spinaker in sock.
- 1985 North Sails Tri-radial 3/4oz.spinaker in sock. Little use
- Barients 36 primaries
- Barients 28 secondaries
- Barients 27 Traveller
- Antal W46 electric for main furler.
- 2015 Leisure Furl sail cover
- 2015 Bimini
- 2015 Dodger
LWL: 33' 6
Beam: 12' 9
Min. Draft: 4' 9
Max. Draft: 9'
Bridge Clearance: 64'
Fuel Capacity: 50
Water Capacity: 100
Designed By: Sparkman & Stephens
Builder: Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding Co.
Model: Seguin 44
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Location: Thomaston, Maine
Boat Engine: Yanmar 4JH2
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2
Top Speed: 7.5 knots @
For more information contact:
Scott F. Layton